Table of contents
How to enable Line login in WordPress
1. Create a Line App
To be able to log in via Line you must create a Line app first.
- Navigate to https://developers.line.biz/console/
- Log in with your Line business account if you are not logged in.
- Click the “Create a new provider” button.
- Fill the “Provider name” field and click the “Create” button.
- Under the “Channels” panel select the “Create a LINE Login channel” option.
- Make sure “LINE Login” is selected as “Channel type”.
- For “Provider” choose the provider from the list, that you just created.
- Select your “Region”.
- Add your “Channel icon”, “Channel name” and “Channel description”. These will appear on your Consent Screen!
- At the “App types” select the “Web app” option.
- Read and consent to the “LINE Developers Agreement”, then click the “Create” button.
- Scroll down to “OpenID Connect”, click the “Apply” button near the “Email address permission” label.
- Fill out the form, then click the “Submit” button.
- Scroll up to the top of the page and choose the “LINE Login” section.
- Add the URL to the “Callback URL” field.
- Under your App name click the “Developing” button and publish your Channel!
- Go to the “Basic settings” tab and find the necessary “Channel ID” and “Channel secret” values and fill these fields in the plugin settings!
2. App setup
Once your Line app is ready you’ll need to copy and paste the Channel ID and Channel secret to the Line provider’s Settings tab. You can find the information at your Line app’s Basic settings tab.
Once your Channel ID and Channel Secret has been added you need to verify the setup first. This verification helps you identify possible problems with the app.
The Channel ID of your Line app. You can find it at your App under the Basic settings tab.
The Channel Secret of your Line app. You can find it at your App under the Basic settings tab.
Username prefix on Register
Whenever a new user registers with their Line account they can get a custom prefix so you can easily identify them.
Fallback username prefix on register
Whenever a new user registers with their Line account and we can not generate a valid username from the first name or last name, a random username will be generated. With this option they can get a custom prefix so you can easily identify them.
Terms and conditions
This option can only be seen, if Terms and conditions is set to Show in Global Settings → Privacy tab. Here you can set custom Terms and Conditions for users who register with Line. For more information please read our GDPR documentation.
Common error messages returned by Line during verification
client_id is incorrect
Invalid client_id. You can use a Channel ID found in a LINE developers site as client_id.
The Channel ID you copied from the Line app is invalid. Make sure the correct one was copied.
client_secret is incorrect
Error: invalid_client: invalid client_secret
The Channel secret you copied from the Line app is invalid. Make sure the correct one was copied.
redirect_uri is incorrect
Invalid redirect_uri value. Check if it is registered in a LINE developers site.
The problem is that the entered Callback Url field is not correct for your app. Check the Callback Url value that you entered into your Line App on the LINE Login tab, and make sure you have the value added that we suggest in the Getting Started section!