Another year has come and gone. We had an extremely busy 2021 here at Nextend, and it’s incredibly hard to believe that the year is over. It’s hard to keep track of everything that happened this year, but I decided to give it a try anyway. To begin with, we’re happy to announce that a new face joined our team this year to help with the development and support of our software.
But before anything else I would like to thank all of our customers (that’s you!) who use Nextend Social Login on all their clients’ websites! We’re excited to receive so much positive feedback from you and it helps us to continue and make our plugin better and better.
Now let’s take a look back at what we’ve accomplished over this year.
Whant to see what happened to Smart Slider in 2021? Check the Smart Slider Year in Review post!
Nextend Social Login achievements
Nextend Social Login is the most popular social login plugin, powering more than 300,000 websites. Here’s what happened to Nextend Social Login in 2021:
- Updates: In 2021 we’ve released 6 updates to Nextend Social Login.
- New providers: In 2021 we’ve added a total of 4 new providers to Nextend Social Login: Line, Microsoft, Slack and Discord.
- New Integration: Easy Digital Downloads login, register and Checkout form support
- Frontend UX improvement A redirect overlay can appear when Nextend Social Login starts the redirect after authentication. This helps give a clue to the visitor that something is happening and it’s worth waiting for it.
What’s Coming Next Year?
We promise to bring you incredible updates that aim at making your lives easier through new options to login to your website. We couldn’t be more excited for everything we plan for 2022! In fact, we’re sure you’ll really like the features we have in the pipeline. So here’s a quick list of our public roadmap:
- New providers: In 2022 we’re planning to release at least two new providers: TikTok and Slack. Both are super popular in their own niche and they can help you build great communities on your site using them.
- Statistics: One of the most requested features that’s not a new provider request is to display statistics about the usage of Nextend Social Login on the website.
We’ve completely snowed over in 2021. It was a very exciting year, we’ve had fantastic growth and I’m extremely proud of the work we’ve done. We have serious plans for the future so stay tuned, because many neat things are coming!
On behalf of the whole team, we wish you a happy and successful 2022!