Important steps before the import
Make sure that the redirect URI for your app is correct before proceeding.
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
- Select your app.
- Go to the Settings menu which you can find below the Facebook Login in the left menu.
- Make sure that the “Valid OAuth redirect URIs” field contains the new redirect URL. It’s probably http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php?loginSocial=facebook where yourdomain.com is your site’s URL.
- Save your changes.
The following settings will be imported automatically:
- Your old API configurations
- The user prefix you set
- The custom redirect URI is now handled globally for all providers, so it won’t be imported from the previous version. Visit
Nextend Social Login > Global settingsto set the new redirect URIs.
- The login button’s layout will be changed to a new, more modern look. If you used any custom buttons that won’t be imported.
- The old version’s PHP functions are not available anymore. This means if you used any custom codes where you used these old functions, you need to remove them.
After the importing process finishes, you will need to test your app and enable the provider.